Hard Salami & Mozzarella
Two pack of our Hard Salami Panino! A single-serving of this high protein treat makes for a perfect accompaniment to lunch, a mid-day snack or something to tie you over until dinner!
Salami & Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
2 packages (1.5 ounces each) Fiorucci® Hard Salami & Mozzarella Panino, quartered crosswise
2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 large eggs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups pasta sauce
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Prep: 20 minutes plus freezing | Bake: 20 minutes | Serves: 8
1. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper; place Panino pieces in a single layer on a large plate and freeze for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, gently mix beef, garlic, eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs, oil, salt and pepper; form into 16 (2-inch) meatballs. Press 1 frozen Panino piece into each meatball, forming meatball around Panino to enclose; place on prepared pan. Makes 16 meatballs.
3. Spray meatballs with cooking spray; bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs and Panino reaches 160°.
4. In a small saucepan, heat sauce over medium heat for 4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve meatballs garnished with parsley, if desired, along with sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 meatballs, ¼ cup sauce): 367 Calories, 22g Fat (8g Saturated), 125mg Cholesterol, 681mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 5g Sugars, 27g Protein