More subtle in flavor than our classic Italian dry salami, this Genoa salami is made with select pork, blended with mild spices and marinated in red wine.
Uncured Genoa Salami
Subtlety is always in season with our Genoa salami. It’s made with select pork, blended with mild spices and marinated in red wine – giving it a milder, softer flavor than our traditional dry and hard salami.
Genoa Salami Focaccia with Pesto
Nonstick cooking spray
1 packet (¼ ounce) active dry yeast
4½ cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package (4 ounces) Fiorucci® Genoa Salami, cut into ½-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
½ cup prepared pesto
Prep: 20 minutes plus standing and cooling | Bake: 23 minutes | Serves: 12
1. Spray a large bowl and rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. In a glass measuring cup, whisk yeast and 1½ cups warm water (no more than 120°); let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl of stand mixer, whisk flour and ¼ teaspoon salt. Attach dough hook to mixer; with mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add ⅓ cup oil and yeast mixture. Reduce speed to low; knead dough 3 minutes or until soft and the dough has come together.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, knead dough 1 minute or until smooth and elastic; form into a ball and place in a prepared bowl. Lightly spray top of dough with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
4. On a lightly floured work surface, gently punch down dough; roll dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Transfer dough to the prepared pan; press to edges of pan. With fingertips, indent holes in top of dough; brush with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle dough with salami, garlic, oregano and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; let stand for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 425°. Bake focaccia for 23 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly. Cut focaccia into 12 pieces; serve with pesto.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 piece focaccia, 2 teaspoons pesto): 331 Calories, 17g Fat (3g Saturated), 9mg Cholesterol, 341mg Sodium, 37g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 0g Sugars, 7g Protein