1 cup cooked and cooled peas
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 pkg (5 oz) Fiorucci Prosciutto Panino
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup dry bread crumbs
Canola oil for frying
1. Pesto and Pea Dip: Blend peas, pesto, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp water in blender or small food processor until smooth; set aside.
2. Breaded Panino: Place panino on a tray and freeze for 1 hour. One at a time, coat each panino in flour, dip in beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs until well coated. Place on parchment paper-lined tray. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Pour oil into small high-sided skillet to 2-inch depth. Heat over medium heat until deep fry thermometer reads 350°F. Working in batches, carefully slide breaded panino into hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Using tongs or slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined tray. Serve warm with Pesto and Pea Dip.
• For extra-crispy breaded panino, use panko bread crumbs.
• Pesto and Pea Dip can also be spread on crostini and topped with Fiorucci Prosciutto for an easy appetizer or snack.